Styloko’s Weekly Barometer: 06/04/12Posted by Styloko
1. Damien Hirst’s bank balance - As a limited edition set of 50 plastic skulls, titled Hallucinatory Head, go on sale in the gift shop at the Tate Modern for £36,800 each.
2. Joe Fresh - Like a Canadian Cos, but at Primark prices. Take this as an official invitation to open in the UK, please.
3. That sinking feeling - Titanic 3D is the big Easter weekend release. Re-live the legend.
4. Superman - AKA Ryan Gosling, who rescued a British journalist from being mowed down by a speeding taxi in NYC this week. No end to this man’s ‘talents’.
5. Go Coco - Still just coconut water, but tastes like cotton candy. We don’t know how they do it, but we like it.
1. Analysis paralysis - AKA too much talk, not enough action. Just do it, kids!
2. The fashion police - So Prada’s smokin’ sandals glamourise cigarettes, do they? Only for grown-ups.
3. The lipstick index - These days it’s all about the ‘lacquer index’, as sales of nail polish boom in the recession. Cheap ‘n’ cheerful way to brighten up your day.
4. The ‘beer mirror’ - Forget beer goggles… alcohol also makes you feel prettier, says new study #feelingisdeceiving
5. Censorship - As David Beckham’s H&M underwear ads are not banned from British TV. There is a God.
This column is written by our New York girl Ruby Warrington.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.