Brighten Your Look With A Bold LipPosted by Styloko
When the weather can’t make up its mind and you’re just as indecisive about risking your summer dress in the sporadic sunshine, there’s one thing a girl can guarantee will always brighten her mood: a bold, vibrant lip.
Don’t believe us? Even in a slouchy tee and jeans, a slick of sun-inspired lippy says you’re still in the mood for summer, whether the sky agrees or not (and, to be perfectly honest, it’s quite impossible to not feel powerful, sophisticated and down right sexy when you’re wearing a swish of this-means-business colour).
Luckily, this summer’s bold lip is the easiest to wear. Sunset colours ranging from classic rouge to zesty orange hues are all you need to lift your spirits and your style – and in this spectrum of shades is one that’s super flattering on every skin tone.
Follow our tips below for creating the perfect blues-beating bold lip…
1. Start by priming lips with a – you guessed it – lip primer if you have one; if not, use a little foundation to help your lipstick stay in place.
2. Next, take your lipliner and carefully echo your lips’ natural lines to form an outline. Now fill it in (this’ll also help your lipstick stay put before applying it).
3. Ok, time for lipstick. Take a fine brush – trust us, don’t just use the bullet of your lipstick or you’ll end up with a mess of smudges – and fill in over your lipliner, ensuring you reach well into the corners.
4. Now, blot. Take a tissue, fold it in half and carefully kiss your lips over it to remove the excess. Apply lipstick again and blot once more (in fact, do this as many times as you can be bothered – the more you apply and blot, the more you’re pressing the colour into your lips, so the longer it’ll last).
5. Time for finishing touches. To create a cool matte finish, hold a tissue to your lips and, using a small blusher brush dipped in a little translucent powder, dab through the tissue onto your lips. This eliminates shine, ensuring a high fashion, gloss-free finish. Finally, using a gold highlighter pencil, trace a thin line over your cupids bow and underneath the centre of your bottom lip to create the illusion of super plump, super polished, totally luscious lips.
Check out our pick of the best bright lipsticks in our Bold Lip Scrapbook – go get ‘em, gorgeous!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- about 1 week ago
We hate having to do this, but need's must. All the best umbrellas are right here: http://t.co/dWs3L4yFRQabout 1 week ago
This weather calls for some ankle boots (we can't handle wet toes!). http://t.co/jCojzEHdpoabout 1 week ago